Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring is here!

This week we had a few beautiful, spring days! It was lovely. I was able to kill time in between classes in a beautiful garden overlooking the city...sitting in the warm sun! Today isn't so nice, but it is good to know spring is here.

Time is flying by...I cannot believe I am almost halfway through my stay here. I panicked the other day: I wrote a list of all the places in Spain and Europe that I want to see before coming home...it is long. I don't know if I'll make to every place. But even if I left now, I have seen and done so much, I couldn't have any regret. I do have some adventures coming quickly. Next week I am heading to Italy to spend a few days in Milan and Rome! And after that a trip to Paris is possible!

Also, I have booked a trip to Morocco! Mary and I are flying to Casablanca and then taking a train inland for a desert expedition...including a camel ride and sleeping in tents!

And when my friend, Lena, is visiting, we are going to head north to see a few places near the coast and then spend some time in Madrid, among other excursions.

I do have a few weeks at the end of the semester, after exams, that I plan to use for travel...but I need to plan now!

Tomorrow I am going to Segovia for the day, so look for a post and pictures! Other than Segovia, I probably won't have much time to update this blog until I return from Italy-but then you will be inundated with stories and photos, just you wait!

Today is the feast of Saint Joseph, and Spain celebrates Fathers' Day today. It makes sense, doesn't it? It is a holiday, which means stores, businesses, schools, and universities are closed. Well, Feliz día del Padre, Dad! I love you.

The warm weather and spring vacations bring a lot of tourists to Salamanca, I am noticing. It is nice to not feel like a tourist, to have the chance to feel a part of the city.

I hope you all are doing well.

Love,

Sarah

¡Primavera está aquí!

Esta semana hacía buen tiempo-días templados y de sol. Era precioso. Pude pasar el tiempo en un huerto bello con una vista de la ciudad...mientras yo sentaba en el sol! Hoy no hace buen tiempo, pero es bueno saber la primavera está aquí.

El tiempo vuela...no puedo creer que haya terminado la mitad de mi tiempo aquí. Me asusté el otro dia: escribí una lista con todos los lugares en España y Europa que quiera ver antes de regresando...ella es larga. No sé si pueda ir a todos los lugares. Aunque salgo ahora, he visto y hecho tanto que no podría tener ningún arrepentimiento. Sin embargo tengo algunas aventuras que vengan rápido: la semana siguiente voy a Italia para pasar pocos días en Milano y Roma! Y después de Italia es posible vaya a Paris!

También, he reservado un viaje a Marruecos! Mary y yo volamos a Casablanca y tomamos un tren a una ciudad del desierto para una expedición...incluso montar los camellos y acampar bajo las estrellas!

Cuando mi amiga, Lena, está visitando, vamos hacia el norte para ver algunos lugares cerca de la costa y luego pasar un tiempo en Madrid y estoy pensando en otra viajes...

Tengo algunas semanas al final del semestre, después de los exámenes, que voy a utilizar para los viajes ... pero tengo que hacer planes ahora!

Mañana me voy a Segovia, busca aquí y a mis fotos! Depués de Segovia, es probable que no tenga mucho tiempo para escribir este blog hasta que regrese de Italia, pero luego se le inundan con noticias y fotos, espera!

Hoy es la fiesta de San José, y España, se celebra el Día del Padre en la actualidad. Tiene sentido, ¿no? Es un día de fiesta, es decir, tiendas, empresas, escuelas y universidades están cerradas. Bueno, Feliz día del Padre, papá! Te amo.

El buen tiempo y las vacaciones de primavera traen una gran cantidad de turistas a Salamanca, me diera cuenta. Es agradable que no sienta como una turista, para tener la oportunidad de sentirse parte de la ciudad. (Pues, es posible que los salamantinos piensen en algo diferente de mi...)

Espero que todo esté bien.

Besos y abrazos,

Sarita

No comments:

Post a Comment